pspp-dev

Re: pspp 0.8.6

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp 0.8.6
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:10:31 +0100

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 07:58:01AM +0100, Friedrich Beckmann wrote:
     Hi,

     up to now I did a debian release for all released versions of pspp. I
think a release in debian should be ?better? instead of different for the user.
I guess a ?non-tested snapshot? does not qualify for this, right?

Right.  I think debian should only be packaging what appears on ftp.gnu.org
0.8.6 should certainly not be presented as a stable peice of software,
especially
as some of the Gtk+3 issues haven't yet been resolved.  The version number was
changed only to prevent incompatible perl libraries and programs getting linked
to each other.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3