pspp-dev

Re: Running tests under wine.

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Running tests under wine.
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 21:26:44 +0100

It would be worth a try.

Could you provide me with a script for these tests and instruct me how to use it?

Have fun

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 09:04:07PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:

> > On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 06:56:17AM +0100, John Darrington wrote:
> > > On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:55:19PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:
> > >      > Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 21:59:02 +0100
> > >      > From: John Darrington <address@hidden>
> > >      > To: address@hidden
> > >      > Subject: Running tests under wine.
> > >      >
> > >      > I pushed a change which allows many of the tests to run under
> > wine.
> > >      >
> > >      > make RUNNER=wine check
> > >      >
> > >      > --
> > >      >
> > >
> > >      I tried it  and see the results below. Due to a patch of mine,
> > there should
> > >      1 tests and 1 failure added to the counts.
> > >      Would the same trick work for some of the other executables used in
> > the
> > >      tests?
> > >
> > > Unfortunatey I don't think so.  For two reasons:
> > >
> > > 1.  We cannot "shadow" the pspp-convert command using a bash function,
> > because
> > >     bash functions cannot contain hyphens.
> >
> > pspp-convert is much less of a problem, because I only see a few calls
> > to it.  It's easy enough to add $RUNNER directly to those.
> >
> > > 2.  As discussed earlier, many of the other commands need to be compiled
> > for the
> > >     build machine rather than the host machine.  This will require
> > significant
> > >     rearrangement of the automake files.
> >
> > Yes, this is more of a problem.
> >

> I did a quick check and found:
> datasheet-test.exe
> inexactify.exe
> sack.exe
> command-name-test.exe <http://lexer.at>
> scan-test.exe
> segment-test.exe
> abt-test.exe
> bt-test.exe
> cmac-aes256-test.exe
> encoding-guesser-test.exe
> heap-test.exe
> hmap-test.exe
> hmapx-test.exe
> i18n-test.exe
> line-reader-test.exe
> ll-test.exe
> llx-test.exe
> range-map-test.exe
> range-set-test.exe
> range-tower-test.exe
> sparse-array-test.exe
> sparse-xarray-test.exe
> stringi-map-test.exe
> stringi-set-test.exe
> string-map-test.exe
> string-set-test.exe
> str-test.exe
> tower-test.exe
> u8-istream-test.exe
> zip-test.exe
> chart-get-scale-test.exe
> chart-get-ticks-format-test.exe
> render-test.exe
> syntax-gen-test.exe
>
> Wouldn' t it work when $RUNNER is used in the calls for these programs?
> Maybe I can run a test a see how many of the tests complete then.

That would probably help a great deal.

It would be pretty easy to generate redirection scripts for these
programs, similar to how we generate redirection scripts when we run
"check-valgrind".  That might solve most of the problems with
cross-checking.