pspp-dev

Re: latest patches

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: latest patches
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 08:10:54 +0200

Hi Harry,

thanks for testing the two patches on windows!

The help function is trying the following steps

a) starting help via yelp -> this will not work in windows
b) Opening a local html file -> Depends on the existencs of a local pspp.html
directory in the doc path
   I guess you have the local html installed somewhere
   <yourpsppinstall>/share/doc/pspp/pspp.html/index.html for the start page
c) Open the help via the gnu pspp internet site

You could help me debugging this with

Could you tell me the path of the pspp.html directory where you have the local
html files?

Could you try if

start file:///<yourlocalpath>/share/doc/pspp/pspp.html/index.html

will open a browser with the help page? Could you send me the exact syntax?
Maybe with quotes? Maybe with spaces replaced by %20? I agree
that your guess with „Program Files“ indicates the problem.

Could you move or delete the pspp.html directory and test if psppire can
reach the internet help? I think there are no spaces in the url. It will try

start http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/index.html

Does this work on windows?

Friedrich