pspp-dev

Fixing bugs before next release

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Fixing bugs before next release
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 22:50:29 +0200

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 07:59:19PM +0200, Harry Thijssen wrote:
     Hi all

     I agree with John and Friedrich, it looks as if there are nasty bugs in the
     data import  which manifest itself on MSWindows. Probably other OS-es are
     also effected.

Let's try to pin those bugs down.

The spreadsheet import is currently not implemented.  I'm working on that.

I think the text import is working.  But there may be some issues to be fixed.
Can you identify any such issues?

J'

Today I tested my procedures if they are still able to produce a build. It did and I placed this test version on sourceforge

I won't be surprised if the bugs are related.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52873  I can't recall if I tested this at the end. But it is consistent with other reports.

This is reported by myself https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52848

I guess if the last is solved I can rebuild and we can starting testing what happens. Hopefully users will join the tests.

Besides the import I guess there are not much nasty bugs as the latest test builds, 2018-01-08 is downloaded at least 700 times and I have seen not many bug reports.

Have fun