pspp-dev

Re: time for a release?

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: time for a release?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 21:09:21 +0100

Hi Ben,

pspp will be removed from debian testing on November 10th. The reason is
a failure in the regression which is already fixed but not in 1.0.1.

which fails due to

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52072

I have setup a VM with debian i386 and I can see the problem in 1.0.1 and that it is
fixed in master.

I suggest to go for a new release from current master instead of introducing
a backport patch to 1.0.1 to keep pspp in debian. For a new release
we would need a new debian package for the spread-sheet-widget, right?

Are there any release critical bugs left?

Fritz