pspp-dev

Re: Thank you-Additional features-Reg

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Thank you-Additional features-Reg
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 17:04:36 +0200

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 11:37:30AM +0530, Ramagokula Krishnan wrote:

     As a user of PSPP, I want to first of all thank the developers for
     developing this amazing software and most importantly, making it free for
     everyone. Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback.  It's good to know that it helps people.

     It would be great if you could consider adding two important features to
     your amazing software:

     1. The option of saving the residuals from the general linear model
     (univariate analysis. The saving of these residuals is necessary so that
     they can be checked for normality. The normality of residuals assumption is
     required to be satisfied for ANOVA to be performed.

We can add that to the list of features to be implemented.   So that it
doesn't get forgotten, it's best if you file it as a "wishlist bug" at
https://sv.gnu.org/p/pspp   For the best chance of it getting
implemented soon, you should include as much detail as possible about
the algorithm to be performed, and ideally an example dataset and
results.

     2. In SPSS there is an option for conducting normality tests such as
     the wilk shapiro test that help researchers determine whether the data is
     normally distributed.

The Shapiro-Wilk test is already implemented in the EXAMINE command.
See the documentation for this procedure.

J'