[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: pspp-1.4.0 released [stable]
Re: pspp-1.4.0 released [stable]
Sun, 16 Aug 2020 08:45:14 -0700
Chromebooks can run GNU/Linux programs if you enable that feature. You could run PSPP in there.
Is there a version of PSPP that runs on Chromebooks?
Follow RIKILLC on Twitter @RIKILLC
***E-Mail Confidentiality Notice***
This message contains information for a specific individual and purpose that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to applicable law. Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalty. If you have received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from your system immediately.
I'm very pleased to announce the release of a new version of GNU PSPP.
PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It is a
free replacement for the proprietary program SPSS.
Here are the compressed sources and a GPG detached signature[*]:
Use a mirror for higher download bandwidth:
[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact. First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball. Then, run a command like this:
gpg --verify pspp-1.4.0.tar.gz.sig
If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 85199DE8C6648E90
and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.
Changes from 1.2.0 to 1.4.0:
* The file pspp-mode.el (the pspp-mode for Emacs) is no longer distributed
with PSPP. Instead, it can be installed directly in emacs and is available
* The Find dialog box, when searching for numeric values, will match only
to the precision of the variable's print format. This avoids behaviour
which is suprising to some users.
* PSPP now supports the SPSS viewer (.spv) format that SPSS 16 and later
use to save the contents of its output editor:
- PSPP and PSPPIRE can write output to .spv files.
- The new utility pspp-output can convert .spv files to other formats.
- The pspp-convert utility can now decrypt encrypted .spv files. The
encrypted viewer file format is unacceptably insecure, so to
discourage its use PSPP and PSPPIRE do not directly read or write
* A bug where the Data|Select Cases|Random Sample menu would generate
invalid syntax has been fixed.
* FREQUENCIES will emit a warning if one or more weight values are missing.
* Plain text output is no longer divided into pages, since it is now
rarely printed on paper.
* pspp-convert improvements:
- New "-a", "-l", "--password-list" options to search for an
encrypted file's password.
- New "--keep" and "--drop" options to output only selected variables.
- New "--recode", "--no-var-name", "--labels", "--print-formats",
"--decimal", "--delimiter", and "--qualifier" options to control
* Improvements to SAVE DATA COLLECTION support for MDD files.
* Bug fix for CVE-2018-20230.
* The /RENAME subcommand in SAVE TRANSLATE et al. has been extended
to support the syntax also accepted by other software.
* The EXAMINE command will now perform the Shapiro-Wilk test when
one or more plots are requested.
* The REGRESSION command now supports the /STATISTICS=TOL option which
outputs tolerance and variance inflation factor metrics for the data.
* The QUICK CLUSTER command now supports the /SAVE option which can
be used to save the cases' cluster membership and/or their distance
from the cluster centre to the active file.
* The MEANS command has been re-implemented.
* The GUI now has a sub-dialog for post-hoc tests of the oneway
* Gtk+3.22.0 or later must now be used when building.
* GRAPH: Categorical barcharts displaying percentages now show the
sub-category as a percentage of the primary category instead of the
* The Syntax Window now has a Find function to perform simple text
- The PRINT subcommand is now implemented.
- Many bug fixes.