[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Give a 1.4.1-rc1 prelease to and wait?

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: Give a 1.4.1-rc1 prelease to and wait?
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 04:56:17 +0200

> Am 04.09.2020 um 18:42 schrieb Ben Pfaff <>:
> I know two ways to deal with translations and releases:
> 1. Put out a prerelease for translators to work with, give them a few weeks, 
> and then do the release with the updated translations included.
> 2. Put out a release and give it to the translators at the same time, then do 
> a second minor release a little later with the updated translations.
> We used to do #1, but I favor #2 these days, because it likely gives users an 
> earlier opportunity to use the new release, even if some of the translations 
> aren't ready yet. Also, there will always be some translations that have not 
> caught up, even if we give a few weeks in case #1.
> So, I am inclined to release 1.4.1 and make it available to the translation 
> project, and then after translations get updated we can release 1.4.2.
> What do you think?

Yes sure - we can do it that way. 

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]