pspp-users

Re: PSPP Windows/SET TEMP/File save times

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: PSPP Windows/SET TEMP/File save times
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:57:33 -0700

Now I am confused.  You mentioned that portable files were
involved:

>     >     I should mention that the file was saved in the
>     >     'portable' format (9Mb/90mins) - I've since saved the
>     >     'portable' file in the 'system' format instead (3Mb/2
>     >     mins), and the 'system' version also seems to load
>     >     much more quickly.

Can you clarify which actions, on which file formats, took what
amount of time?  If it is clear what is slow, and how important
that is, then it is clear what parts of PSPP need work.

Thanks,

Ben.

--
"A computer is a state machine.
 Threads are for people who cant [sic] program state machines."