pspp-users

Re: Pspp-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 9

From: David Purdy
Subject: Re: Pspp-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 9
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:25:16 +0100

Just to note that on my PC (WinXP SP3 Computer Admin user account), it requires a user intervention after *each* analysis and before closing the PSPP output window (e.g., move psppire.txt to another folder, or rename), otherwise subsequent analyses such as Frequencies or Crosstabs appear to be delayed indefinitely and thereafter psppire.txt cannot be opened using say Notepad ("Access is denied"):

A known problem of the current PSPPIRE version is that you can’t copy the output from the output window. A work around for this is:

* work with PSPPIRE until the output-window pops up at your screen
* start a text editor and open %temp%\psppire.txt. I like the free editpadlite,
http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html, for this, but I guess a lot of other editors will do the job too.
* you can edit and copy the output using the window of is editor

MS-Windows
http://jstover.motd.org/cgi-bin/oddmuse.cgi/MS-Windows