pspp-users

Difficulty directing output to a file instead of just the screen

From: Scott Bryan
Subject: Difficulty directing output to a file instead of just the screen
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:43:57 -0000

I am trying desperately hard to make PSPP work for me.

The main problem that I am having at the moment is that the output from

analysis seems only to reside in a window on the screen.

Is there anyway to direct the output to a file or to copy the contents

of the output window to another file? Neither seems to be possible. It frustratingly

seems that the copy function from the output window is disabled too.

Here are the commands that I am running

SET /LISTING 'c:\documents and settings\scott\my documents\pspp

analysis\BECTAOUTPUT.TXT' /ECHO=ON.

SET /JOURNAL 'C:\documents and settings\scott\my documents\pspp

analysis\BECTAJOURNAL.TXT'.

GET FILE='c:\documents and settings\scott\my documents\pspp

analysis\BusProcessCatalogueSurveypspp.sav'.

T-TEST /VARIABLES= W1_1_2 W1_1_3 W1_1_4 W1_1_5 W1_1_6 W1_1_7 W1_1_8

/GROUPS=TEACHER(1,2)/MISSING=ANALYSIS /CRITERIA=CIN(0.95).

Any assistance that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I am working in a Microsoft environment if that makes any difference.

Best regards

Scott

Scott Bryan
Research Director