pspp-users

std error of estimate?

From: Erik Frebold
Subject: std error of estimate?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 02:30:20 -0800 (PST)

When I do a linear regression analysis, the model summary always shows what
appear to be incorrect values for (overall) Std. Error of the Estimate,
regardless of the data set. It does show individual std. errors for the
constant and coefficient on X in "Coefficients" section of output and these are
correct, checked against R and SPSS. Am I missing something?  (probably... ;-)

This is pspp 0.6.1 for 32bit i586, run on SuSE 10.3, installed from Dr.
Steuer's repository.

example:
REGRESSION
        /VARIABLES= x
        /DEPENDENT=      y
        /STATISTICS=COEFF R ANOVA.

(choose any x or y variable from any data I've tried)

Is this part of the regression procedure not complete yet?
--
Erik Frebold
Vancouver, BC