pspp-users

Re: PSPP scripting

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP scripting
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:54:54 +0800

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 10:41:48AM +0200, Matej Kovacic wrote:

     someone at our university got an idea to use PSPP for analysing data
     collected via web.

     My question is, how is it possible to send PSPP a command to connect to
     database, do some computation and receive output, which would then be
     "transformed" to useful web presentation?

     P. S. As far as I understand, connection to MySQL is not implemented yet?

MySQL isn't, but PostgreSQL is.

You might do something like:

GET DATA /TYPE=psql
        /CONNECT="host=example.com dbname=mydata"
        /SQL="select x from table".

DESCRIPTIVES x.

Then running this with the command "pspp -o html" will generate a file
pspp.html which could conceivably be placed on a web site.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3