pspp-users

Re: UTF-8 and Windows

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: UTF-8 and Windows
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:37:20 +0800

0.6.1 doesn't do a very good job of dealing with UTF-8 characters.
In particular, .SAV files aren't given the record which identifies
the encoding of the  data.

I suggest that you try the latest "master snapshot" from
http://pspp.benpfaff.org/~blp/ which stores strings internally as UTF-8
and correctly writes .SAV files with the encoding of the file.
Psppire should also display all characters correctly in that version.

J'