pspp-users

Re: Problem with saving and output in Windows

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Problem with saving and output in Windows
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 19:07:42 +0800

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 10:17:07AM +0100, Sohail Husain wrote:

     I am a new user and have just installed the compiled version of 0.7.2 on to
     my PC which is running Windows Vista.

     I find I am unable to save output. Selecting 'Save' from the drop down menu
     seems to have no effect. I have seen this problem mentioned in other
     postings but am unsure if it has been resolved.

     A second problem arises after closing the output window.  When I next try
     'Save' my data file, the output mysteriously reappears!  Perhaps the two
     problems are related. If it output is reappearing, perhaps it has been
saved
     in a file somewhere (but where and what is it called?).

The Save menuitem in the output window doesn't currently do anything.  However,
you can find your output in a file called "psppire.txt".  I'm not sure which
directory - you will have to search for it.

     Finally, is it possible to vary the number of characters printed per line
in
     output tables to, for example, allow use of different papers sizes or
     landscape instead of portrait layout?

The answer is yes.  See the Chaper entitled "Configuring PSPP" in the user
manual.
http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/Configuration.html#Configuration
However, this is more relevant when using pspp from it's terminal interface
rather
than its graphical interface, since the latter renders to the screen rather
than
to an external device.

Hope this helps.

J'