pspp-users

Re: development version of PSPP

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: development version of PSPP
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:44:18 +0100

>I went to http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/pspp/ download directory
>Most recent file is pspp-0.6.2.tar.gz       11-Oct-2009 17:39  3.2M

>http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/pspp.git
>Again, most recent thing I see is v0.6.2-pre1     pspp-0.6.2-pre1.tar.gz

Right. On http://pspp.benpfaff.org/~blp/ you can find daily builds.The
master version is the 0.7.2 version. But it is not stable, not tested
and can change every day. So be carefull when using it. But if
somebody wants to test it and give feedback I guess that would help
the development team.

>If the version on http://www.cecaps.ufmg.br/pspp/?page_id=128&lang=en is
>0.7.2, where does one get sources to it???

See above. But as it is a daily build don't forget to mention the date
of this build.

>I also did not see any instructions anywhere on how to compile under win. I
>guess I will need a C compiler (gcc avail for win??) and misc other stuff so I
>can do
> tar xvzf
> package.tar.gz
>cd package
>./configure
>make
>make install

Well it is a lot more complicated. You can build it using Cygwin or
Mingw under MSWindows. Both are not easy to do. Or you can
crosscompile it on a Linux machine for MSWindows, which isn't easy
either.
But I hope michel, who write an answer yesterday, the maintainer of
the MSWindows build on cecaps will soon come out with the 0.6.2
version and a newer 0.7.2 build.

Have fun