pspp-users

Fwd: Need guidance for a statistical project

From: Rupsayar Das
Subject: Fwd: Need guidance for a statistical project
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 03:29:41 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rupsayar Das <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 2:20 AM
To: address@hidden

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rupsayar Das <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:26 AM
Subject: Need guidance for a statistical project
To: address@hidden

HI there,

           I am a student and currently engaged in developing a programme as a personal research-work, which transforms discrete Likert-Scale data score into continuous-scale Likert score. This transformation procedure was proposed by Dr. E.J.Snell (1964) and the algorithm for Snell's Transformation was written by Dr.Chien-Ho Wu (2007). I am using Dr. Wu's algorithm, after applying suitable modifications, to write the programme in Java Platform.

            However, I wish to use GNU PSPP to generate the graphical representation of the outputs of Snell's Transformation on user-input data, through my programme. In other words, I wish to use PSPP as a 3rd-party suite, which will be "called" by the master programme as an 'object', to generate the graphical output. Inputs to PSPP are the output matrices of Snell's Transformation; which will be imported from the master programme, and the PSPP output should be readily exported to MS Word/Excel. The graph needed to be generated is a 2-sample 3D Bivariate Histogram.

            How should I perform this task at hand? Any guidance/reference would be immensely beneficial. Please reply back so that I can implement the project as early as possible. Feel free to ask for further details. This work will be beneficial to all Social Science fraternities.

With warmest regards,

--
RUPSAYAR DAS,
Post Grads,