pspp-users

Re: Treemap

From: Matej Kovacic
Subject: Re: Treemap
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:29:33 +0100

Hi,

>> a friend of mine has showed me very interesting graphical analysis of
>> data (showed is slovenian government IT budget):
>>
>> http://www.jurecuhalev.com/.slo-tech/proracun_2010/
>
> It's very pretty.  What does it mean?

The surface of a rectangle shows the share of budget. The first layer of
rectangles are ministries. So you can clearly see which ministry has the
largest budget.

The second layer (rectangles inside ministries) shows budget items (for
instance: new computers, software, support,...).

The color shows the type of budget item (expense). I think green is
software, brown is hardware.

So you have one picture and three variables in it (ministry budget,
budget items inside ministry and type of item).

P .S. I also set up wiki yesterday: http://pspp.kiberpipa.org/wiki/doku.php

Bye, Matej