pspp-users

Re: Re: Queries

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: Queries
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:23:55 +0200

> Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 04:22:24 +0000
> From: John Darrington
> Subject: Re: Queries
> To: NewbiePspp
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 07:28:30PM -0700, NewbiePspp wrote:
>
>     Hi, Everyone,
>
>     Would like to know a few things about pspp.  could you please help?
>
>     1. /OUTFILE=* MODE=ADDVARIABLES
>     This command is used in SPSS.  Could you please let me know if there is
> any
>     equivalent command in PSPP to add variables?
>
> This feature exists in the latest master version, but was added very recently
> (about
> a week ago).  It's not yet in any pre-compiled binary (so far as I'm aware).

For MSWindows a new pre-compile binary is available on
pspp.awardspace.com (named 3-8-2010 but from the source of 1-8-2010)

[...]
>     3. In the version i have installed i cannot open the reference manual from
>     the help?  Is it not yet implemented?  The version i have installed is the
>     latest windows version. (setup-pspp-20100611.exe)
>
> Possibly this feature doesn't work on Windows.

This is a known issue on MSWindows. There is a "l" truncated on the
display. The extension should be html

But you don't need the manual from the internet. Hit your "Start"
button, all-programs and pspp. There you will find the manual too.

Have fun