pspp-users

Re: Import SPSS file fails because of datetime width

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Import SPSS file fails because of datetime width
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:20:04 +0000

If you change DATETIME to DATETIME20 and put your date in
quotes, then this should work.

If your unmodified file works on SPSS, then this should be considered a bug
and reported like any other.

J'

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 04:28:27PM +0200, Andreas Lappe wrote:
     Hey,

     I just tried to use PSPP for my thesis but I can't get it to import my
     SPSS-File.

     I did an online-survey and the provider of it offers the data in two
     files, either a combined SPSS-file holding syntax and data or a separat
     syntax to use with a data-file. They state that the combined format only
     works for SPSS version > 17,... as the error on both formats is the
     same, I therefor assume that PSPP is able to handle such combined
     formats?

     The error is: Syntax1:12: syntax error: Input format DATETIME0.0
     specifies width 0, but DATETIME requires a width between 17 and 40.

     The line 12 in the combined file is: STARTED (DATETIME)

     The column STARTED looks like: 24-07-2010 14:22:05

     Version in use: 0.6.2

     I hope the information provided helps to make my problem clear...

     So long
     Andy
     --
     ``There is one art