pspp-users

Fwd: New MSWindows version

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Fwd: New MSWindows version
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:13:17 +0200

Hi Marco

You didn't do anything wrong. It seems the 2010-08-03 version has a
problem with this.  You can download the file
http://pspp.benpfaff.org/~blp/pspp-master/20100801040501/user-manual/pspp.html
and place it in c:\program files\pspp\share on top of the wrong
pspp.html file. That is what you should have and you can than see how
it should work.

I guess I will build a new version within a week or so. That should
solve the help issue.

(Ps I will push a copy of this message to the userlist so other people
can read it too.)

Have fun

2010/8/4 Marco Peichl
> Good morning Harry,
> I just wanted to find out if you included the user manual in the
> windows version of PSPP. I installed it and clicked on the pspp-entry
> on the start menue (xp). There, an entry for manual is shown and a
> page opens in the browser. The manuals shown in the list are not
> there. Did I do something wrong?
> For a long time I'm now looking for an open source alternative for
> SPSS which allows me (and a lot of people I work with) to do some
> low-level analysis for M&E for NGOs and other organisations.
> PSPP is now able to do this due to the fact that the GUI is now able
> to do all the simple things people like social worker need, eg.
> crosstabs, frequencies and descriptives.
> If the help-system would work, I could advise people to
[..]  SPSS and use PSPP instead.