pspp-users

Problem in MSWindows 0.7.6-g983f4e-blp-build20101030

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Problem in MSWindows 0.7.6-g983f4e-blp-build20101030
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:13:05 +0100

>Hi,

>> The single-user installation files at pspp.awardspace.com are acting
>> strangely for me.  If I install the latest version
>> 0.7.6-g983f4e-blp-build20101030, my Windows XP computer malfunctions
>> with a Runtime error.  If I uninstall and go back to
>> 0.7.5-g805e7e-blp-build20100908, everything is fine.  Maybe the latest
>> compiler version has a problem, or maybe my computer is temperamental.
>I nad similar problem. PSPP just crashed immediately after run. Previous
>version is OK.
>
>Regards,
>
>Matej

Hi all

The PC on which I build the MSWindows installation died. So I have a
new environment in which 0.7.6-g983f4e-blp-build20101030 is build. I
tested this on 4 different computers with Windows XP and Windows 7.
Fresh installs an upgrades. Non-crashes.

So I need more info about this issue.

Can people provide reports this build runs on their computer or
crashes and if possible provide information about the crash? Probably
more info is visible if psppire.exe is started from a dosbox.  At this
moment I have no idea what can be the problem.

Have fun