pspp-users

Re: Import / Export Functions and other features missing for academic an

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Import / Export Functions and other features missing for academic and office use in urban planning
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 21:21:46 -0700

"Roman Seidl" <address@hidden> writes:

> The main problem of PSPP in our use is the limited import and export
> capabilities. Rather than needing sav or por file formats which not of
> any interest when not using spss we would need for things like dbf, xls
> and maybe odt. Aren't there some GPLed libraries somewhere which could
> be easily integrated?

I'm not sure what version of PSPP you are using.  The latest
version supports saving output to ODT format, for example.

I see that Michel already mentioned that he is working on import
from XLS files.

> The second most annoying thing was PSPP's behavior to not warn you when
> you open another file when there is an unsaved dataset. This will lead
> to mistakes...

I agree that is a problem.  However, I've recently fixed it.  Now
PSPP will simply open a second window that contains the new
dataset.  I'm working on a few refinements.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org