pspp-users

Re: is it really free?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: is it really free?
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 17:45:56 +0000

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 05:33:15AM +0500, Ghulam Mustafa wrote:
     I tried to download PSPP but probably it needs some Genu software to be
  downloaded. and this Genu download needs money.

I think you must mean GNU software.  The term "free software" refers to
freedom, not price.  Think "free speech"  not "free beer".

Having said that, all GNU software, including PSPP can be downloaded
without charge from the GNU ftp site or one of its mirrors.
See http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html

  So can we download PSPP free form mac pro and how?

PSPP is known to build and run on the Mac.  If you are looking for a precompiled
binary, then there are several third party ones listed
at http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/get.html
I don't use the Mac myself, so I don't know how to instal it.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://keys.gnupg.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.