pspp-users

Re: "ERROR I/O" on a large database on version 0.7.9 Win7 binary

From: Gong, Henry
Subject: Re: "ERROR I/O" on a large database on version 0.7.9 Win7 binary
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 20:03:27 +0000

Hi,

I switched from 0.7.9 March 15 64 bit to 0.7.9 May 15 64 bit (pspp.awardspace.com); here are the results.

SHOW N.
note: SHOW: N is 51475.

LIST.
C:\path\to\pspp.exe: writing to temporary file: No such file or directory
<every cell says I/O Error>

Psppire still shows every cell as blank after I attempt to scroll past case 51464; LIST still outputs errors; and psppire is still unable to do analysis on more than 51464 cases. So the differences are: SHOW N. works, and LIST now says that there is no such temporary file.

Henry