pspp-users

Re: Performance questions: workspace_size default value and temp file di

From: Stefan Tzeggai
Subject: Re: Performance questions: workspace_size default value and temp file directory
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:33:50 +0100

Thanks for recommending PSPP-Perl for converting CSV to SAV

I have only found
http://search.cpan.org/~pdonelan/PSPP-Perl-0.7.2.20090730/lib/PSPP.pm
but I need at least GNU pspp 0.7.9 (Fri Jun 29 19:31:48 UTC 2012) since
i need the CSV import "/ENCODING" option which has only been added in
June 2012.

Lets imagine I would find/build a recent version of the PSPP-Perl module...

Do you think it would perform significantly better in regards to memory
and speed?

Right now I am dynamically generating the PSPP-Skripts and that works
perfectly - except for huge memory demand vs. slow performance tradeof.

Do you know any good reason - or does you stomache tell you somehow -
that it would need less memory?

Many thanks in advance,
Steve