pspp-users

Duplicate variable / underscore problem

From: Ian Stephen
Subject: Duplicate variable / underscore problem
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:59:24 -0700

Hi

Using PSPP & PSPPIRE 0.7.9 on Ubuntu 12.04

I am trying to open SPSS (.sav) files and get essentially the same error with every .sav file. The .sav files are all from the same web application. These files do open in SPSS. With PSPP I get;

'error: path/filename.sav near offset 0xnnnnnn: Duplicate variable name P#Q1_10.'

The offset changes and the digit represented here by '#' changes, but otherwise the error is the same for each file I try to open.

I tried with 'R' and got basically the same error. The developer of the application I get the .sav files from thinks that PSPP has some problem with underscores in variable names.

Anyone seen anything similar?

Cheers,
Ian