pspp-users

Accuracy tests for PSPP

From: Hugo Alejandro
Subject: Accuracy tests for PSPP
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 00:07:14 -0400

Hello. I wonder what the PSPP method used to test the accuracy of the statistical results supported by the program and if they can be shared.

The information will use it to attach a report and slideshow that will perform before the academic council of the university to which I am affiliated.

The purpose is to present a report at the request of the academic council of the university, so it can be approved the official use of PSPP, as an alternative to other similar software by teachers and students in introductory courses statistics, biostatistics and research methodology in the faculty of medicine and social sciences.

The idea is to set a precedent and that students have the right to choose and forcing teachers to be trained and accept the diversity of tools available to accomplish the same purposes.(and not force students to buy expensive software license or use pirated softare)

For now
is focused on the use of PSPP (SPSS is used very extensively in the University), but this will also help to rely on other software like OpenStat or R.

The method I use now is to use modified databases, which conducted the analysis using PSPP and compared with SPSS and Stata.

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

--
Hugo Valencia