pspp-users

Re: Transferring a cvs file to PSPP

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: Transferring a cvs file to PSPP
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 21:13:58 -0500

Mark,

Based on the my installed version of PSPP/psppire (psppire.exe 0.7.9-g4380b2 on Win7), you click "Forward" and then select the first row, click continue, select comma (only) as the separator, and I would click through the next screen a choose "Paste" and then manually examine the pasted syntax for correctness.  I don't see a place where I have to enter values for NVAR/NCASE; PSPP reads these from the file.

I suspect that with a bit of trial and error, you would have found this out for yourself.  This wizard, BTW, works quite like that of SPSS so you could use one of the several SPSS guides.

-Alan