pspp-users

Re: Ubuntu PSPP and GET DATA problem

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Re: Ubuntu PSPP and GET DATA problem
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 01:03:57 -0700 (PDT)

Igor, I tried using PSPP in Ubuntu 12.04 and have had no problems with the
syntax file you sent earlier.

First use the package that is installed by default in Ubuntu (PSPP 0.7.9) and
then use a daily snapshot (PSPP 0.8.0).

I tried both copying the syntax from the source file and pasting it into the
PSPP syntax editor or directly open the file. (also using PSPP in the console).
Maybe your problem is because you did not change the location of the input file
and the output file in the syntax. Please try again by changing line 2 (GET
DATA) and line 610 (SAVE OUTFILE) your syntax file and run.

> GET DATA /TYPE=TXT /FILE='/LOCATION/INPUT/FILE/180913_231238_61_data.ext'
> /DELIMITERS='|'

> SAVE OUTFILE="/LOCATION/OUTPUT/FILE/180913_231238_61.sav".

Attached output file I got to run the syntax.

Regards

--
Bastián Díaz