pspp-users

Re: Open source alternative for spss dimensions

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Re: Open source alternative for spss dimensions
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:16:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I know, something like what you mentioned does not exist.

You should consider IBM, brought a series of specific software and it did work together on "SPSS" brand, which is specializing in market analysis.

If you look in depth PSPP's goal is to be a replacement for SPSS base (considering only the software in "SPSS dimensions"), that would be one software package for the 13 that constitute "SPSS dimensions".

From what I see, you look for something related to qualitative research and that not much opensource software. I recommend that you review the set of R packages (http://rqda.r-forge.r-project.org/) or check some specific software in sourceforge.net.

It all depends on what you need, and should consider include PSPP can be useful for qualitative analysis (or analysis of surveys) if you have light or you want to get.

Regards.

--
Bastián Díaz