pspp-users

Re: download site for pspp

From: SAR&BAWS
Subject: Re: download site for pspp
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 23:30:23 +0100

Hi John,
Many thanks for the very interesting link about windows. It reinforces my present view.
Thanks also for putting a useful perspective on on eof the articles.
Yes, you correctly identify an inconsistency with my position.
I live in an uncomfortable place...I do not trust windows either. but I do try to minimise risks. Linux is certainly looking increasingly to be a way forward for me once I have the time and a spare box on which to learn it (and the energy to migrate my other half <grin>).

Thanks for the clarification about adware versus malware. That made me think further and gave me some additonal ideas for
search terms, and I found the following page
http://www.ghacks.net/2013/07/17/sourceforges-new-installer-bundles-program-downloads-with-adware/
which showed a route to bypass the adware installer in source forge.  Perfect.
(I hope that this will be helpful information for someone)

That route seemed to work well and I have now installed pspp on the windows box with no sign of adware.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my question and also to Rob for letting me know that the install on windows worked.

Best wishes
Sandy