pspp-users

Moving variables?

From: Robin Weber
Subject: Moving variables?
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 20:21:37 -0500

Hello,
 I am new to PSPP and open source OS,  but a long time SPSS user.
I am using Trisquel 7 as the OS and the PSPP that was bundled with it (version 7.9 I think).

I am having a hard time figuring out how to move variables from one location in the data set to another. Seems like a simple task, but somehow I can't figure out the magic combination of clicks and scrolls.   I want to eyeball the values in variable X next to the values in variable Y. Unfortunately, variable X is currently next to Variable C.
 In SPSS  I would highlight the variable and drag it to the new location.  That isn't working form me in PSPP. (I'm on a Toshiba Satellite, if it matters)  Nor is the spreadsheet approach of cutting and pasting.  I've looked up the syntax in the user manual, but that seems to suggest that I can just re-order front to back?

Thanks in advance for any insight

Robin Weber JD PhD
Research Director
Crime Research Group, Inc.