pspp-users

Re: save translate error

From: F. Thomas
Subject: Re: save translate error
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 14:09:24 +0100

Alberto,
Sorry I am not a programmer. This is not a PSPP syntax code ? Where to make it run ?
-ftr

On 14/01/2015 08:47, Alberto Cabello Sánchez wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 21:13:29 -0800
Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> wrote:

The error message says (translated from the French text):
Creating temporary file resulted in error  (file name): No such file or
directory.
Usually, in creating a file, "No such file or directory" means that the
directory does not exist.  So, the most likely problem here seems to be
that the name of the directory is misspelled.  Could you make really
sure that it is correct?

Error when opening
C:\Users\ftr\Documents\data\EVS-WVS\WVS5Europetrustvars.csv" when writing as
a system file: success.
This message seems like a genuine bug, but I cannot see how it would
happen.  I cannot reproduce it locally (on GNU/Linux), even when I
specify the name of a nonexistent directory as part of the outfile.
Could it be a privileges issue (e. g. no writing permission on a folder
in the file path)?

Also, it seems "almost OK": it raises an error but then displays "success",
but still an error (as the file is not created). Double-checking the Windows
behaviour regarding this code

   /* Create the file on disk. */
   w->rf = replace_file_start (fh_get_file_name (fh), "w", 0666,
                               &w->file, NULL);
   if (w->rf == NULL)
     {
       msg (ME, _("Error opening `%s' for writing as a system file: %s."),
            fh_get_file_name (fh), strerror (errno));
       goto error;
     }

should be helpful.