pspp-users

Re: 0.8.5 Compile errors

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: 0.8.5 Compile errors
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:04:07 +0200

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 09:34:22AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 06:57:04AM +0200, John Darrington wrote:
     > You need to install the xmllint program.  I have no idea where that is
     > on Cento  - ask a Cento expert.

     I guess that we should probably document that xmllint is necessary, and
     perhaps modify configure.ac to report an error if it is missing.

     I don't understand what the xmllint invocations are doing, though.

They are merely checking that the xml is valid if I recall correctly.

What interests me however, is why they are getting called at all.  I thought
xmllint
was only necessary when bootstrapping - it should not be required when building
from
the released tarball if I recall correctly.  Unless of course Daniel modified
something
in the documentation sources.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3