pspp-users

Re: Interface freezes and data is lost- must be re-rentered

From: dr soumalya ray
Subject: Re: Interface freezes and data is lost- must be re-rentered
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 04:23:13 +0000 (UTC)

On Friday, 2 October 2015 1:07 AM, ftr <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hiya,

hiya

>We are having issues with the PSPP software.

that's unfortunate.

>To cut a long story short

the problem of cutting a story short is that necessary information sometimes
get lost.

e.g., in your case it'll be better to mention the version of PSPP you are using
along with the name of the operating system.

>the problem that we witness is the program freezing when we try to save the
>data that has been entered. When the program reboots the data is lost and we
>must re-enter it.

when are you saving the data? after entering all data?
what is happening if you try to save the file after every entry?

what is the approximate size of your data?

regards,

Dr. Soumalya Ray,
Tutor, WBMES