[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
pspp-0.10.0 released [stable]
pspp-0.10.0 released [stable]
Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:46:37 -0700
I'm very pleased to announce the release of a new version of GNU PSPP.
PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It is a
free replacement for the proprietary program SPSS.
Here are the compressed sources and a GPG detached signature[*]:
Use a mirror for higher download bandwidth:
[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact. First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball. Then, run a command like this:
gpg --verify pspp-0.10.0.tar.gz.sig
If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys C6648E90
and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.
Changes from 0.8.5 to 0.10.0:
* The QUICK CLUSTER command has a /PRINT subcommand which shows
the initial cluster centres and the final cluster membership of
each case. The clustering algorithm has also been updated, so
as to produce better separated clusters.
* A Russian localisation has been contributed.
* The GRAPH command now has a /BAR subcommand to draw barcharts.
* If the DECIMAL character is set to COMMA then the ',' character
will not be treated as a separator by DATA LIST.
* The graphical user interface (psppire) has been changed as follows:
- It now uses Gtk+ version 3 instead of version 2. Accordingly, it has a
somewhat different look and feel.
- There is now a Graphs menu to access the GRAPH command.
- The status of dialog box widgets are now preserved between calls
to the same dialog box for the same dataset.
- The dialog box for the Logistic Regression command will now
infer that string variables or any varible with a "measure"
of Nominal or Ordinal are to be treated as categorical variables
and will generate syntax accordingly.
* The pspp-convert utility can now decrypt encrypted syntax files.
The encrypted syntax file format is unacceptably insecure, so to
discourage its use PSPP and PSPPIRE do not directly read or write
* New commands:
- SORT VARIABLES.
* The following functions for transformation expressions are new:
- REPLACE, for search-and-replace of one string with another.
- STRUNC, to truncate a string and trim trailing spaces.
- MEDIAN, to compute the median of its arguments.
- The TRUNC function in expressions now supports additional arguments
for truncating to values other than integers and to indicate a level
of rounding fuzz. The default rounding fuzz may now be controlled
and displayed with SET FUZZBITS and SHOW FUZZBITS, respectively.
* Bug fixes, including the following notable ones:
- The correlation coefficient in the paired samples t-test
procedure is now correctly calculated when presented with
- The ESCAPE subcommand has been removed from GET DATA /TYPE=TXT.
For compatibility, the behavior that ESCAPE enabled is now the
default and only supported behavior.
- Rendering of the variable and data sheets in right-to-left locales
now works properly.
- The Mann-Whitney test, when run on a dataset containing values
of the group variable, other than those defining the test groups,
would incorrectly calculate the ranks. This has been corrected.
* The IMPORTCASES subcommand on GET DATA is now ignored, for
Description: Digital signature
- pspp-0.10.0 released [stable],
Ben Pfaff <=