pspp-users

Re: PSPP not working

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: PSPP not working
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:49:53 -0500

Do you recall what version of PSPP you installed? Do you recall if it was the 32-bit or 64-bit version? I am using an older version, pspp 0.10.1-g1082b8, and it works fine on my 64-bit windows 7.

When you say that the program doesn't respond, you click on the gui and a dialog opens but the statistics doesn't show up in the output? Or what exactly do you mean by "does not respond"?  Compared to SPSS (which raises the output window when new output appears) PSPP is relatively quiet (the output window should "throb" but not raise itself).

After opening a dataset, if you click File > New > Syntax do you get a blank syntax window?  And can you type: "freq / x." (without the quotes)? And If you then change "x" to be one of your variables and select Run > All does output appear?

-Alan