pspp-users

Re: Getting to the PSPP command line

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: Getting to the PSPP command line
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 12:14:05 +0200

Hi Rob,

from the GUI you can go via the Menu

File -> New -> Syntax

This will open a window where you can type pspp syntax and execute the syntax. The results will show up in the output window.

Regards

Friedrich

Am 24.07.2017 um 10:08 schrieb Rob Goudey <address@hidden>:

I last used SPSS on a mainframe computer (VAX/VMS) in 1986, and I can remember using it from the command line.
I am new to PSPP and I would like to try learning by using it in the same way I did with SPSS.

I recently downloaded PSPP by doing the following:
   2. Under Binaries, Windows – I clicked Installers
   3. Under Downloads I chose the most recent 32-bit version, which was PSPP_2016-09-27_daily_32bits
   4. Then went through the installation process, which seemed to go OK.
   5. I got the pie chart icon and the PSPP user’s guide on my desktop.

When I double click the PSPP icon, that actually runs PSPPIRE and puts me in the data editor.
From there I can’t see how to get from PSPPIRE to the command line.
The user guide gives lots of useful information about what to do at the command line once you get there, but I can’t find how to move between PSSPIRE and PSPP command line.

I was able to go to DOS and change to the directory containing the PSPP application, then type PSPP to get the command prompt (i.e. PSPP>).
Will I need to do this every time, or can I set up in such a way that I can double click an icon that takes me to the command prompt?

Rob.