pspp-users

Addition: Exactly the same histograms in R

From: Dr. Oliver Walter
Subject: Addition: Exactly the same histograms in R
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 15:07:12 +0200

I tried to reproduce the histogram that PSPP created in R. As you can see on the attached files, R also created a histogram with gaps if the number of classes is too high (here: 16 which is similar to the number PSPP used), but a histogram with no gaps if the number of classes is lower (10 classes). So, another aspect in addition to the necessary distinction between histogram and bar chart is the choice of an appropriate number of classes.

Kind regards,

Oliver Walter