pspp-users

reading csv data set

From: someone
Subject: reading csv data set
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 19:00:59 -0500

Hi all

I'm trying to read in a data set, in csv. I also have xls and ods versions, all here
https://sites.google.com/site/gsocialchange/datasets

All the files I'm looking at are versions of the pd_data_cia data set.

I -have- imported the ods version, but when I try to import the csv version, I just get blank. I go to file, import data, go to my directory, and all the files are listed. I click on pd_data_cia.cvs, and then on the upper left of the screen, where it says select file to import, I cannot select any of the options.

I am using pspp version 1.0.1-g818227, downloaded a couple of days ago from here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/
I'm on windows, 64 bit operating system, I think windows 10.

I also tried using the command line, and, well, not doing it right, perhaps someone can help? These are the lines I tried

get data
  / type=txt
  / file=’C:\Users\Owner\Documents\icaap\data\testdata\PD_data_cia.csv’
  / arrangement=delimited
  / firstcase=2
  / delimiters=","

Thanks