pspp-users

Re: PSPP and MDD files

From: Dave Trollope
Subject: Re: PSPP and MDD files
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 16:01:47 -0500

Hi,

Unfortunately no, its not listed there. Its an XML version of the .sav meta data. I think its the SPSS data dictionary in XML form.

This site also relates it to a DDF file: https://support.dooblo.net/hc/en-us/articles/208294545-How-To-Export-native-SurveyToGo-projects-to-IBM-SPSS-Data-Collection-DDF-MDD-files

I can't find a better reference.

Cheers
Dave

On 4/11/18 2:58 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 02:15:27PM -0500, Dave Trollope wrote:
I've been using PSPP for a while, but am relatively new to SPSS as a whole
and I am wondering if it can generate a .mdd file from the .sav file?

I know IBM's mrStudio has a script CreateMddFromSav.mrs and I'm wondering if
PSPP has an equivalent?
This is the first I've heard of this format.  PSPP doesn't currently
support it.

What is an MDD file?  Is it the format described here?
https://fileinfo.com/extension/mdd

--
Dave Trollope
Senior Software Engineer