pspp-users

Re: Pspp 0.7.8 for windows 7

From: Dr. Oliver Walter
Subject: Re: Pspp 0.7.8 for windows 7
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 17:07:17 +0100

PSPP 0.7.8 was released in May 2011:

https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/pspp/

But I don't know how to handle this kind of files.

Am 13.12.2018 um 15:56 schrieb Alan Mead:
I don't see that 0.7.8 was a release: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/pspp/ and it must be ancient (0.8.0 was released in 2013). You are much better off installing the latest version and posting here (on this list) about any bugs you find.

I think the PSPP author, Ben Pfaff, would be interested in fixing any errors in SAV file compatibility. I would be extremely surprised to hear that 0.7.8 was more compatible than the latest version, and the lastest version is improved in many ways. John Darrinton's spreadsheet widget seems to be a huge improvement.

You can try out the SAV file conversion here: https://pspp.benpfaff.org/ . Ben's recently added support for SPV files as well.

-Alan