pspp-users

Re: Pspp 1.2.0 - No frequencies

From: Michele Mor
Subject: Re: Pspp 1.2.0 - No frequencies
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 10:57:35 +0100

Hi Rainer,
the survey contains mostly missing data because I did not enter all values.
You can discard most variables apart from the first few where there is some data.
The main issue is this: I have created a file, added variables using syntax, but used the GUI to enter numbers.
When I did a frequency for those few variables (I tested 2/3 of them), I found that all values had frequency of 0 (zero).

Why did that happen?
Is my SAV file corrupted somehow? Does using the GUI to type in data (for numeric variables) not work?

Note that I did save the file as text, and imported it in a new SAV file and frequencies worked.

I don't have enough knowledge to analyse the SAV file to verify that is corrupted somehow or to check if entering values manually could cause a problem.

Regards,
Michele