pspp-users

Re: have to save PSPP file as an Excel File (& visa versa)

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: have to save PSPP file as an Excel File (& visa versa)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 13:48:41 -0600

You can't.

You can import from and save to OpenOffice/LibreOffice/ODF formats, but
not Excel. You can also use CSV.

In SPSS, I dislike opening Excel files because AFAIK, there is no way to
specify the format of the variables when opening Excel. Occasionally,
this is a real PITA. So, I find it worthwhile to convert to something
like CSV even when I don't have to (using SPSS).

I guess it's convenient to save data to Excel, but Excel can read ODF
files, so you can save to .ODS and open that with Excel.

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly
stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was
astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-- Mark Twain