pspp-users

Re: German Umlauts are not taken over in string variables

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: German Umlauts are not taken over in string variables
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 09:41:53 -0800

It sounds like PSPP isn't using a proper locale for data. What does "SHOW LOCALE." print for you?

On Sun, Jan 29, 2023 at 10:15 AM Andreas Hammer <ahammer@t-online.de> wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem and hope someone has an idea to solve it.

A *sps.file contains German Umlauts like ä, ü and ö. And there is all
correct.

When I run the sps file (which also contains data), the umlauts in the
variable labels and the value labels are picked up and displayed
correctly on the records, but not the umlauts in the string (Format
A512) variables.

e.g.

     right: rückwirkend

     wrong: ückwirkend

I use GNU pspp 1.6.2-g78a33a with latest Win 10-version.

Any idea to get the umlauts in the data/string variables?

Thanks

Andreas Hammer