pupa-devel

Re: build error with CVS

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: build error with CVS
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:06:54 +0000

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 08:39:49AM +0100, Yoshinori Okuji wrote:
>  --- Robert Millan <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I get this build error with current CVS:
>
> Could you send a full log of make?

I'm attaching it.

> Also, what is the output of "nm -u -P -p
> pre-_chain.o"?

$ nm -u -P -p pre-_chain.o
pupa_file_open U
pupa_loader_set U
pupa_device_open U
pupa_disk_read U
pupa_errno U
pupa_strcmp U
pupa_chainloader_real_boot U
pupa_error U
pupa_device_close U
pupa_dl_ref U
pupa_file_read U
pupa_file_close U
pupa_dl_unref U
pupa_rescue_unregister_command U
pupa_rescue_register_command U

> I myself use binutils-2.13.90.0.18 and gcc-3.2.2, and have no problem. It is
> possible that I haven't checked in some changes to the repository, but the CVS
> seems to be not working temporarily, so I cannot confirm that.

My binutils are "2.14.90.0.5 20030722 Debian". I can try with your versions
of gcc and binutils if you like.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)