pysysinfo-dev

[PySysInfo-dev] Re: classic theme, pysysinfo.cgi

From: Elmar Hoffmann
Subject: [PySysInfo-dev] Re: classic theme, pysysinfo.cgi
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 01:43:21 +0200

Hi,

on Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 23:09:43 +0200, Daniel Hirche wrote:

> suggest-show-ip-host.diff
>   suggestion: let the users decide to show their visitors
>               IP/Virtual/Hostname.

Hiding your IP is a rather specific wish, ie. in most cases it is
known by the visitors anyway. Other users might for example not want
to disclose their kernel version, etc.
In the long run this would mean every item being optional and the
source cluttered with a lot of settings and conditionals.
Therefore the suggested way for these customizations is to just remove
the items you want to hide from the template files.

Once the settings are moved from the source to a separate config file,
I'll think about a more general approach allowing to hide arbitrary items
(also being able to hide specific interfaces or partitions comes to
mind).

> fix-classic-theme.diff
>   fixed: pysysinfo/templates/classic: pysysinfo.tmpl
>          pysysinfo/templates/classic: classic.css

Moving font-size from table to td actually breaks it, as it does not
apply to th anymore - at least in Opera and ie.

The current margin stuff needs improvement, which you fix addresses,
but it also gives the .vitals and .network classes a fixed width which
isn't perfect either.
Make it keep the dynamic table sizing and I'll happily add that part.

Oh, and I changed the subject for less confusion with the changes
list. ;)

elmar

--

| :' :   Elmar Hoffmann <address@hidden>    ASCII Ribbon Campaign  \ /
`. `'    PGP key available via pgp.net        against HTML email   X
  `-                                                    & vCards  / \