qemacs-devel

[Qemacs-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] QEmacs and FFmpeg

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemacs-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] QEmacs and FFmpeg
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:15:55 +0100

D Richard Felker III wrote:
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 10:31:53AM +0100, Felix Buenemann wrote:

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 04:31, D Richard Felker III wrote:

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 01:06:56AM +0100, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

Hi,

For the _adventurers_, the new 0.3pre13 release of QEmacs available at
http://qemacs.org now includes image and audio/video modes fully based
on FFmpeg.

It is intended to be a simple test bench for libavformat and libavcodec.
It works only with recent CVS snapshots of ffmpeg. The image and
audio/video modes are currently very experimental. In particular, no
audio/video synchronization and no seek is implemented.

Unless someone has an objection, I will suppress 'ffplay' from the
ffmpeg sources since QEmacs integrates now an 'ffplay' alias which
should give much more features.

What I'm about to ask is totally OT here, but since this thread is
already slightly OT... Is there a way to bind ^H to backspace in
qemacs? I was very excited about trying qemacs a while back when I
found it, but most of the terminals I login from use ^H for the key
above the \ and enter keys, so qemacs is totally unusable. :( I tried
to make a custom keybinding, but the documentation was very sparse and
it didn't seem to work even once I got it to accept my syntax...

what about stty erase <press backspace> I think I used to do it like that on cateye hpux boxes.

Of course I have stty settings right. Apparently qemacs doesn't use
that.

Rich

Currently the obvious

global_set_key("C-h", "backward-delete-char");

in ~/.qe/config does not suffice because C-h is a prefix for help keys. I guess the best way is to change the configuration of the terminal (it is both possible for rxvt and xterm). Note that using C-h as backspace is not the standard (in emacs C-h is also used for help, so the backspace key should return 127 in your terminal).

Fabrice.