[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Qemu-arm] [PATCH 0/6] Add i.MX6 (Single/Dual/Quad) support

From: Jean-Christophe DUBOIS
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] [PATCH 0/6] Add i.MX6 (Single/Dual/Quad) support
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 19:44:15 +0100
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.5.1

Le 02/02/2016 18:01, Peter Maydell a écrit :
On 28 January 2016 at 19:22, Jean-Christophe DUBOIS <address@hidden> wrote:
Sabrelite uses uart2 for console but on qemu, this is uart1 that is wired to
the default stdout. Consequently, I changed stdout-path in "chosen" to
This I find a bit awkward: we'd like to get eventually to the point
where you can run the stock device tree unedited. The other items
on your list are just "we don't emulate something yet", so the path
forward is to (eventually) emulate the missing things. But it's not
clear to me what we need to do to be able to stop editing stdout-path
in the future.

Perhaps the answer is just to use QEMU command line arguments to make
stdout be the uart2 rather than uart1?

I'll send a new version where the platform (sabrelite) can chose (through properties) which uart of the SOC (i.MX6) it wants to use as default output.

For now i.MX6 SOC code does not emulate SPI controller. During the boot
Linux was getting stuck trying to access a SPI device that is supposed to be
there. Therefore I disabled the SPI controller in the device tree.
This is OK for now, though I guess it means the SPI controller is
worth emulating to at least some extent.

I'll see what I can do next.

The sabrelite is supposed to have a bunch of push buttons (home, power,
back, vol up, vol down) wired to various GPIOs. I guess these buttons might
have pull up or pull down resistors on the real hardware but obviously on
qemu we have no such things. As a results the GPIOs were triggering a lot of
interrupts for nothing. So I commented out the GPIO sections were the
buttons were defined.
This is OK for now, though it would be nice to wire all the GPIOs to 0 or
something if that helps avoid the problem without editing the DT.


--- PMM

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]